Spotting rust on your vehicle is not always obvious and depending on how long you would like to keep your vehicle, Rust Check is something you may want to invest in. Especially if you live in Central or Eastern Canada, where winter salt is a major cause of corrosion, protecting your vehicle from the elements is probably a good idea. Also, it may not seem like it, but the best time to get rust proofing for your vehicle is when you have purchased a new vehicle. Has your vehicle ever been rust proofed?
Rust Check is a light liquid oil-based product with active corrosion inhibitors. Its main function is to penetrate into crevices, displace existing moisture, and then keep moisture from re-entering. Without moisture, corrosion cannot occur.
Coat & Protect is a thicker version of Rust Check, with the same active ingredients. It’s thickness gives it a good wash and wear resistance. The main function of Coat & Protect is to protect exposed areas of the undercarriage. Unlike traditional undercoating, Coat & Protect is non-drying, so it won’t crack or peel. Coat & Protect also is an excellent heavy-duty lubricant.
Rust Check utilizes a unique two-step application process designed specifically to provide highly effective corrosion protection by utilizing products appropriate to different parts of your vehicle. The protection your vehicle requires varies as a result of its design. One product cannot be effective in all areas.
- Penetrates welded seams, crevices and provides excellent protection for these corrosion-prone areas. Sealants are not as effective in protecting these vital areas.
- Effective on both used and new vehicles. While Rust Check will not reverse existing corrosion damage, it will drastically reduce its progression.
- Remains mobile and will never dry, crack or peel.
- Does not contain any offensive odours or potentially toxic petroleum solvents.
- Not damage painted surfaces and any over spray can be easily cleaned off.
If you would like to find out more about Rust Check for your Ford, contact us, or schedule a service.